Faces to go with the stories

This is a woman who, before she was a Christian was involved in the occult, helping witches and fortune tellers.  "Then," she said "I found Christ, and joy in Him, and I want others to hear that news and have that joy".

The man in the top right corner in the orange shirt is a former Khmer Rouge soldier who is now a regional pastor over a number of churches.  I posted his story while I was in Cambodia, you can read it here.   
  
This is a former Buddhist monk, he said, "I used to point people to Buddha, and now I point them to Christ.  I wrote his story in the same post. 


This lady also had an amazing testimony.  Unfortunately I don't have a capacious memory, and wasn't able to remember what she said, but the light on her face tells a story of its own, does it not?


This is the wife of the pastor of this church, and she walked around during the entire service and fanned people.  She had a beautiful smile as well, and an incredible servant's heart.  We noted her chickens (running around outside), and she told us that she had prayed to God that her chickens would stay alive (most chickens over there die during the dry season) so she would have food to feed guests with.  Yes, we did have chicken while we were there; it reminds me of the widow with her mites; in the States chicken costs little, over there it was an offering of love.  


This was a younger woman, but she does a great deal of ministry with the youth at that church.  Before she came to Christ her life was a mess.  She ran away from home and disobeyed her parents, then she got sick and went to a witch doctor (there was a great deal more, but it was hard to understand the interpreter).  Then her father and mother and brother told her about Jesus.  At first she wouldn't listen, but as she heard more and more the Spirit worked in her heart and she believed.   She can't read, but she teaches children and loves singing with them.  





This was the family who hosted us during our night in the village.  The wife was very sweet, and cooked incredible meals.  Before leaving we talked with the father, who is also the pastor of the church that meets in their home.  

He said, "I share the gospel because God has called me to.  Even when I'm tired and don't want to keep going I still do because God has called me... 

[When I first came to Christ] I only knew two songs, but I still called my neighbors to worship God with me.  In my village people did not like me because I preached the Word--they persecuted me.  But now they will come to my house..."

Comments

Popular Posts