Washington through Florida eyes

Coming home was glorious. I flew in over the Sound with the sun glinting off the water, marinas, barges, and shipping yards below. And the mountains--this girl has missed them sorely in the flat landscape of Florida. Climbing trees is the only thing that gives one some height, and of course I did plenty of that anyway.  :)

Florida has all it's own beauty, and I grew to love it, but coming home to green and color, cool mornings and sprouting gardens is something I cannot  describe. It's my home, and I love it. I've got Washington in my blood, and I don't think it will ever leave.

The first morning I was home I wandered around with a camera and captured a few glimpses of the beginning of summer. Things I took for granted before, and now are remarkable.

I hope you enjoy your time here sharing these captured moments.















































The bees :)

















Comments

  1. Beautiful. I have never seen your area of the country, but it looks lovely. Is that your yard? Do you raise bees? God gives each area and each season its unique signature. I hope you enjoy your summer and the break from studies and papers. I know your family is glad to see you again after such a long time away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that is our yard. :) Sionna started raising bees a couple years ago and has been doing quite well. I'm sure Illinois is beautiful right now as well. I hope Mr. Finley has been enjoying his garden. Thank you--it has been wonderful to be back.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts